Treat Your Acne
We have expert and experienced dermatologists at Express Tele Docs to treat your acne. It could be mild to severe. It occurs when your hair follicles are blocked with excess oil and dead cells. Though acne affects people of all ages, it is most common in teenagers.
Acne usually appears on the face, cheeks, and forehead, but it can also affect the chest, upper back, and shoulders. These areas have the most sebaceous glands, and here hair follicles get directly connected to oil glands.
Signs of acne:
It results in the formation of the following,
- Whitehead (closed pores)
- Blackhead (open pores)
- Pimples/Pustules (small red bumps containing white or yellow pus)
- Papules (small red bumps without pus)
- Nodules (large, solid, without pus, painful lumps under the skin)
- Cystic lesions (pus-filled lumps under the skin)
- Fungal acne (pityrosporum folliculitis)
There are several causes of acne, including,
- Excess release of oil from sebaceous glands.
- Fungal infection
- Bacterial infection
Factors that trigger acne:
- Hormonal changes (especially in women)
- Unhygienic practices (dirty pillowcases, makeup brushes, etc.)
When to visit a doctor?
Acne can self-heal at the initial stages by taking specific preventive measures. In some cases, acne can be severe. It is necessary to get treatment from a well-experienced dermatologist at this stage.
At Express care urgent care, skin specialists treat the acne via certain tropical and oral medications according to acne type. Such as certain antibiotics used to treat acne caused by bacteria.